People are naturally wary of COVID-19 symptoms and try to avoid other people who have them as much as possible. From the top university hospitals to your neighborhood health care clinic, the healthcare industry has attempted to educate people on what symptoms may turn out to be due to COVID-19.
Patients of our walk in clinic in California ask us if the symptoms they experience are due to COVID-19 or something else like allergies. They are afraid, and rightfully so, that what they are experiencing might mean something serious. As a general rule, confirmation for COVID-19 should be through testing and not just symptom analysis.
However, COVID-19 manifests in some symptoms that are not in allergies. There are some key differences, and as a provider of urgent care services, we can give you some of them:
- A strong indicator of allergies is that you’ve had one before, and the symptoms are the same as before.
- Itchy eyes, nose, and other areas are typical of allergies.
- People with COVID-19 may experience diarrhea, nausea, or vomiting.
- Fever, cough, and shortness of breath are present in COVID-19 infections.
- There are also instances where people with COVID-19 report a loss of sense of taste.
We at Progressive Urgent Care – Sebastopol recommend that you get tested if you’ve had any close contact with someone infected and if you’ve got any worrying symptoms distinct from allergies. As a leading provider of urgent care in Sebastopol, California, we have to remind you that only a positive test can confirm COVID-19. For more information, please contact us.