When someone is having an asthma attack it can be a life or death situation to the person, knowing what to do and how to respond appropriately is important. Urgent care services will probably not be available because you might be too far away from any clinics, or perhaps you don’t know if there is one in your area.
This is why your friends at Progressive Urgent Care – Sebastopol are giving you a list of what to do when you encounter someone having an asthma attack:
- If you are with someone you know well, follow their asthma plan and its directions for medication. Seek medical help. If not, then follow plan “b”
- Give asthma first aid. Sit the person upright and loosen any tight clothing. If they have an inhaler, assist them in using it. Do not use someone else’s inhaler as the medicine in it may cause harm to the patient or even pass infections over, ask the ones in first-aid kits instead.
- Use an inhaler with a spacer if possible.
- Continue using an inhaler if breathing is still a problem
- Keep an eye on the person while help is on the way.
If you are someone who experiences these asthma attacks then perhaps you should get a prescribed and effective medication for you, which you can easily purchase from our walk in clinic in California.
Minor asthma attacks are quite common but can easily be cured by simply seeking out our urgent care in Sebastopol, California.