There is only one best way to prevent you and your family from catching viruses and being down with the flu—get vaccinated. Progressive Urgent Care – Sebastopol is your ever-reliable and trustworthy provider of urgent care services such as flu shots.
Aside from visiting our walk-in clinic in California for a vaccine, here are some other tips on how you can prevent the flu.
- Stay home and avoid close contact with other people who are sick. If you’re sick, keep your distance from others.
- It’s a good practice to cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or your elbow when coughing or sneezing. It can prevent those around you from getting sick.
- Wash your hands. Clean hands will protect you from germs that can cause flu and other infections. If you do not have soap and water with you, sanitizing your hands with alcohol-based rub works too.
- If you begin to feel sick at work, go home immediately. But should you need to see a medical doctor, visit urgent care in Sebastopol, California instead of going to emergency rooms.
- If you need a medical treatment done, check if you can schedule it in a health care clinic instead of going to the hospitals. This will limit your exposure to sick people and more time-saving.
What other ways do you do to prevent catching and spreading the flu virus? Share this article with your family and friends!